Thursday, May 20, 2004

Be careful what you ask for!
God is funny sometimes. Just two days ago I posted about how I feel called to ordained ministry. I mentioned that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, but I think it might be something that I need to do. Then on yesterday our minister emailed me asking if I could lead worship on Sunday.

When I said the other day that I wasn't sure if my skills really suited me to be a "regular" (serving a church) minister, I meant I wasn't sure how good I would be at this sort of thing. I agreed to lead worship, but I'll admit I'm very nervous! I don't have to preach, but I get to do everything else. It's scary and exciting at the same time. I get a small taste of what it would be like to serve a congregation. Hopefully I'll learn at least two things – 1. Do I like doing this? 2. Am I good at it?

Tonight, Sarah, Claire and I are going to a handbell concert. Ring of Fire is performing. ROF is a nationally recognized high-school handbell choir from Hillsboro, Oregon. It should be a great concert. We're also having dinner at one of the best restaurants for fish in Portland (courtesy of a gift certificate from Sarah’s playing her violin in a play at her old school). It should be a good night!

|

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2023 5:01 PM, Anonymous Roger Haddad said...

This is a greeat post thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home