Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Auditors and Christian Culture
Work has kept me unusually busy the last couple of days. In my job as a financial analyst, I wear many hats. I float between accountant, analyst, auditor, coffee boy, sherpa. This week I'm the dreaded internal auditor. I show up (unexpectedly!) at various departments and count their petty cash. Thankfully my organization is full of honest people or exceptionally good thieves.

I heard an interesting observation today. I was watching a video promoting a somewhat alternative Christian college (Gutenberg College) here in Oregon. One of the faculty said that most traditional Christian colleges view Christianity as a culture that you need to be socialized into, whereas, they see faith and your relationship to God as primary. They teach a "Great Books" curriculum, in which, they argue, students learn to think critically in a Christian context.

As I haven't ever attended any sort of Christian college, I have no idea if it is true or not. Interesting idea though...

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home