Monday, November 22, 2004

Shame on me!

I'd like to be able to say that I haven't been blogging because of my new job. Unfortunately that's not true. In truth, I've been in a bit of a religious funk. It's hard to say what's caused it, but the result is a deep spiritual disconnect.

So I started to think this weekend about the times when I've felt closest to God. Some of those have been at church. What I realized was the one constant has really been music. I haven't talked about it much on this blog, but I've spent a lot of my life involved in music. Through high school and college I played in band. When I graduated college I was an excellent tuba player and a passable bass trombonist. I can sing a bit and slowly hack my way through easy music on a piano.

That's all to say that I really feel like I experience God when I'm making music. But starting about four years ago I had to put aside my music (which involved playing in a community band) to focus on other things - mainly working full-time and going to graduate school full-time simultaneously.

I think I'm feeling the lack of that connection and need to find a way to bring music back into my life - now while balancing family and full-time work. I'm also going to try to be better about blogging.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home