Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Insanity?

I've been silent for a long while now.  There are a lot of reasons, most of them

not very interesting. I have a lot going on in my life, particularly my
professional life. But I've also been thinking about making a pretty major,
life-changing decision. I've blogged before about my desire to attend seminary.
I've talked about how I feel a call and the stress involved in dealing with
that. But there's another call I've been feeling since I was in high school. I
would start to think about it, then blow it off. But it always comes back. It
is persistent in the same way I've heard other people talk about how God is
constantly nudging them into ministry.


My dream has been to go to law school. I think there are probably a lot of
obnoxious jokes here involving ministers & lawyers and heaven & hell, but I
won't go there. So over the last couple of months I've been thinking seriously
about applying to law school. There is an excellent program in Portland that
would allow me to attend part-time and keep working full-time.


So I took the leap today. I've turned in my application. This is the furthest
I've ever gone. I've requested lots of applications, started filling some out,
but I've never actually turned one in.


What's this mean? I'm still trying to figure it out. We'll see if I get in.
I'm excited and terrified at the same time. But I think God has a hand in this
too.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home