Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Spooky...
It wasn't really, but it almost felt that way. On Sunday, before church, I told my pastor that I had been seriously thinking about going into the ministry and that I wanted to talk to her about it. She looked at me, smiled, and said, "I wondered when you were going to ask me." She also told me that she'd thought the same thing, but didn’t want to scare me off by saying something before I was ready to hear it.

It's really nice to have something like this validated by someone that I trust. We had a really good talk and she helped me to understand the labyrinth that is the United Methodist Church's process to ordained ministry. The first step was talking to her. The next step is to read The Christian as Minister. Then I need to go through the Ministry Inquiry Process with an Elder or Deacon. The only downside is that our pastor is leaving our church this month. So I'll go through the Ministry Inquiry Process with our new pastor, but that should be a really good opportunity to get to know her.

So I'm excited, a little scared, and really looking forward to wherever this journey takes me!

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home