Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Tidbits from my week

This has been a crazy week. I've started taking swimming lessons to become a more proficient swimmer. We're still dealing with auditors at work. I leave tomorrow for Central Oregon to do a presentation at the annual conference for the Oregon Association of Municipal Recorders. My presentation will be a riveting discussion about fraud prevention and internal controls in a small office environment.

If you need something to read, I suggest heading over to The Paris Project where Jenell has been doing some great writing and to Hugo Schwyzer's blog where he's been inspired by Jenell.
My post on Biblical inerrancy failed to stir up the desired controversy...oh well. Maybe next time. But thanks for the comments Hugo and Rick!

As there will likely not be blogging here for a couple of days, I'll leave you with some accounting humor (from my presentation - cleverly designed to make my audience like me and thus not fall asleep during my presentation):

A patient was at her doctor's office after undergoing a complete physical exam. The doctor said, "I have some very grave news for you. You only have six months to live."
The patient asked, "Oh doctor, what should I do?"
The doctor replied, "Marry an accountant."
"Will that make me live longer?" asked the patient.
"No," said the doctor, "but it will SEEM longer."

An accountant is having a hard time sleeping and goes to see his doctor. "Doctor, I just can't get to sleep at night."
"Have you tried counting sheep?"
"That's the problem - I make a mistake and then spend three hours trying to find it."

Q. When does a person decide to become an accountant?
A. When he realizes that he does not have the charisma to succeed as an undertaker.

Q: What's the definition of an accountant?
A: Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had in a way you don't understand.

Q: What's an extroverted accountant?
A: One who looks at your shoes while he's talking to you instead of his own.

Q: How do you know accountants have no imagination?
A: They named a firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.

There are three kinds of accountants in the world.
- Those who can count and those who can't.

Accountants aren't boring people. They just get excited over boring things.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home